Roberta S. Batley
Family Law attorney Bobbie Batley is dedicated to helping her clients get through one of the most trying times of their life with the goal of reaching a better place emotionally and financially post-divorce. Bobbie embraces her cases with a thoughtful passion for each client’s individual needs and concerns. She then works diligently to create the best options for resolving the last chapter of their marriage.
A skilled trial lawyer who brings equal tenacity to the settlement table, Bobbie believes the best way to settle a case is to be prepared for trial. She also values Collaborative Divorce as a powerful option for her clients and offers advanced Collaborative techniques and interest-based negotiation skills.
Bobbie’s commitment to families is evident not only in her case work, but also in the time she spends working with organizations and within the Court system to decrease the animosity in family law and find solutions for families in transition.
The New Mexico native was born and raised in Farmington, and grew up in a family business. This experience gives her an intimate understanding of the dynamics in cases that involve family businesses.
Bobbie is a regular speaker for the ABA Family Law Section and other continuing legal education programs and has lectured nationally on such topics as business valuation, property division, working with expert witnesses, spousal support, trial strategy, and careers in Family Law. She has also authored articles on such topics as Electronic Evidence and The Text Message as Evidence.
- University of New Mexico – Bachelor of Arts magna cum laude
- University of New Mexico School of Law
Professional Qualifications and Awards
- New Mexico Board Certified Family Law Specialist
- Martindale-Hubbell’s® AV Rating
- Best Lawyers in America – 2006 to present
- Fellow American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- New Mexico Business Weekly’s “Best of the Bar” for Family Law – 2011
- Trained Collaborative Attorney
- State Bar of New Mexico, Family Law Section Member
- Albuquerque Bar Association
- New Mexico Women’s Bar Association
- American Bar Association Section of Family Law
- American Bar Association FLS Council Representative
- American Bar Association FLS SCOPE Committee Chair
- Institute for the Advancement of the American Legal System Honoring Families
- Initiative – Advisory Committee Member
- Kiva Collaborative Practice Group
- Albuquerque Collaborative Practice Group
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Albuquerque Community Foundation – Future Fund Member
- Leadership New Mexico Connect Program – Alumni and Curriculum Committee Member